Genesis Flood’s Effect on Earth’s Geology Study No. 211
The flood can account for the following geological changes and facts.
· Genesis 6:13, the earth was devastated by the actions of the flood. It was an earth-wide flood with earth-wide results.
· The falling of the firmament: this caused a reorganization of the atmosphere. An atmospheric layer of water vapor, carbon dioxide, and ozonated air once covered the earth. Genesis 2:4-6, a mist (dew) waters the earth.
This would cause the earth to have a more temperate climate. No temperature extremes. The earth’s climate would be mild and tropical. This firmament/atmosphere was where part of the water came from.
· The oceans were shallower and the mountains were smaller before the flood. After the flood the mountains rose and the ocean basins deepened. Psalm 104:5-9, the ocean waters would no longer cover the earth. Genesis 7:11, the fountains of the deep were oceans and underground water. Part of the floodwaters came from this source.
· The earth was covered by water. This deposited great amounts of silt and sediment. The earth had great tidal surges. The soft sediment was eroded by the fast moving water. There were great canyons and valleys formed in a relatively short amount of time (weeks, days, not millions of years). Genesis 8:3, the waters receded continuously (KJV margin: Heb. going and returning). They sloshed back and forth.
· The ice ages (Pleistocene epoch) were a result of the flood.
Fossils and Rock Strata
According to scientists, the age of fossils can be determined by the strata.
· If the strata was laid down in a short time the dating of fossils is not correct.
· This means that the evolutionary time scale is not correct.
Consider the fact that there are rock strata and fossils in the first place.
· Today fossils are not being formed at the same accelerated rate as in the past.
· Sedimentary-layered rock strata are deposited by water.
· Fossils require quick burying and great pressure by overlying strata.
· Fossils are found in the same order they would be deposited.
· These facts prove a flood, not a changing evolutionary order from simple to complex.
— © Arnold C. Mendez, Sr. & Mendez Enterprises, firstname.lastname@example.org W
Answers in Genesis, plus Noah’s Ark and Early Man CD’s
Giving & Sharing, PO Box 100, Neck City, MO 64849, offers a pair of CD’s refuting evolution (suggested donation is $10 postpaid for both). (1) The Answers in Genesis multimedia CD-ROM has more than 350 pages (97 articles), 40 minutes of video, the book, Refuting Evolution, by Dr. Jonathan Sarfati, and thirteen interviews and messages by Creation scientists and speakers. (2) Arnold Mendez’s CD features his Noah’s Ark and Early Man Seminars.