INSTRUCTIONS: Using the now-popular “New International Version” of the Bible, answer the following 25 questions. The results may astound you!
Important: Do not rely on your memory! Because the Bible is the final authority, you must take your answer from the Bible text (not from footnotes or memory). Copy the words exactly from the NIV. DO it.
1. Fill in the missing words in Matthew 5:44 from the NIV. “Love your enemies, _____________ them that curse you, ____ _____ to them that hate you, and pray for them that ________ ________ ________ and persecute you.”
2. According to Matthew 17:21, what two things are required to cast out this type of demon? __________and _____________.
3. According to Matthew 18:11, why did Jesus come to earth? ___________________________.
4. According to Matthew 27:2, what was Pilate’s first name? ___________________.
5. In Matthew 27:35, when the wicked soldiers parted His garments, they were fulfilling the words of the prophet. Copy what the prophet said in Matthew 27:35 from the NIV. __________________________.
6. In Mark 3:15, Jesus gave the apostles power to cast out demons and to ________________________.
7. According to Mark 7:16, what does a man need to be able to hear? ____________________________.
8. According to Luke 7:28, what was John? (teacher, prophet, carpenter, etc.) What is his title or last name? ______________.
9. In Luke 9:55, what did the disciples not know? _______________________.
10. In Luke 9:56, what did the Son of man not come to do? ________________ And, what did He come to do? ______________.
11. In Luke 22:14, how many apostles were with Jesus? ______________.
12. According to Luke 23:38, in what three languages was the superscription written? _____________, ______________, and _____________.
13. In Luke 24:42, what did they give Jesus to eat with His fish? ___________________.
14. Who will have right to the tree of life, Revelation 22:14? They that ______________________________.
15. What happened each year as told in John 5:4? _____________________.
16. In John 7:50, what time of day did Nicodemus come to Jesus? ____________________.
17. In Acts 8:37, what is the one requirement for baptism? ________________________.
18. What did Saul ask Jesus in Acts 9:6? _______________________.
19. Write the name of the man mentioned in Acts 15:34. ____________________..
20. Study Acts 24:6-8. What would the Jews have done with Paul? What did the chief captain command? ______________.
21. Copy Romans 16:24 word for word from the NIV. _______________________________________.
22. First Timothy 3:16 is perhaps the greatest verse in the New Testament concerning the deity of Christ. In this verse, who was manifested in the flesh? ________________________.
23. In the second part of First Peter 4:14, how do [they] speak of Christ? And, what do Christians do? ______________.
24. In Acts 18:21, Paul said, “I must by all means keep this _________ that cometh in Jerusalem.”
25. Revelation 1:11 is another very important verse that proves the deity of Christ. In this verse Jesus said, “I am the A__________ and O___________, the ___________ and the __________.”
Conclusion: Little space is provided for your answers, but it is much more than needed. IF you followed the instructions above, you not only failed this simple test, you receive a big goose egg. Does this not attest that there is something terribly wrong with this much-touted “accurate, easy-to-understand, up-to-date Bible”? If these 25 questions haven’t served to show you that the NIV is a very inferior Bible, based on a very inferior and corrupt Greek text, another quiz could be made with 25 more questions, or 250, if you prefer; but you will still get an F on the test.
NOTE: If you would like to improve your score, and in fact score 100%, take this test again, using the “Authorized (King James) Bible.” — from the Internet W